Two Different Babies. Two Very Different Labours.


My Two Wonderful children & I
My Birth Story With Emilyn From The Beginning 23/09/2009 to the End 24/09/2009
On the 23/09/2009 at 10am i went to Guildford Hospital to get my Sweep, I was 7 days overdue and losing my patience slightly, just sitting at home waiting around... or cleaning the house from top to bottom wasn't getting the baby I was ready to try almost anything.
 The midwife examined me & i was chuffed to bits when she said i was 2cm dilated and my cervix was very soft! she also said i could be back at the hospital later that day, i wasn't so sure though... it  was about 1pm when i arrived home and i had a huge lunch, my contractions started but i thought they were just my usual braxton hicks that i had been getting from about 20 weeks so I didn't think much of it, i sat on my birth ball for a few hours, at about 8pm my contractions were closer together and getting painful, so i got in the bath this calmed them and i thought great i can get to sleep soon but once i was back out the bath and in bed, they were even closer and the pain drew me to tears, Mic hooked up the TENS Machine and i hit the boost at every contraction, was so worth it!! at 11pm Mic called my mum in and  we decided to call the hospital and take me in, my hospital is 40mins away from my house so we had a long drive with me in pain i kept the TENS  machine on... :)
By the time we reached the hospital it was about 12am, the hospital was empty and i was crying with pain we got into the lift and walked up to reception, was shown my room, my midwife was very young but lovely she done a internal... and i was still only 2cms dilated. i was gutted how was i in so much pain.
so anyways she gave me another sweep and asked if i wanted to go home? no way was i going home in this pain, so she showed me to a room that they call the Home from Home room with a kitchen and a bathroom and so Mic could stay with me too, i still had my TENS machine on, which was still helping, my contractions where varied between 5mins -10mins mostly about 7 minutes apart, all i wanted todo was to get some sleep, so the MW gave me Pethidine and said that should relax me enough to get some sleep... She then left the room, well the pethidine didn't work, i didn't even feel different!! the pain was still there and i couldn't sleep!! the MW checked on us every now and then, i coped all through the night with just my TENS and the birthing ball, i couldn't sleep nor could i lay down every time i went to lay down my contractions got worse!! :( Mic got some sleep bless him must of been hard with me moaning in pain, by the morning Mic went to get one of the MWs as i couldn't cope with this pain any more it must of been about 7 am i was siting on the floor in tears, again! so the MW hooked me up to the GAS and AIR! what amazing stuff!! i loved it!! so i had that and my TENS to boost when ever i had a contraction!! Contractions are so bizzare one minute your in tears the next I'm sitting there laughing in normal conversation with Mic. The MW then Done another internal... Oh No! only 3 Cms Dilated.. i wasn't progressing very quickly!! i attempted to have some breakfast i managed some cereal, i rung my family to update them, i couldn't see me giving birth any time soon.
By about 10:30am the new MW came in and done another internal, no progress, they wanted to break my waters and get things moving, and so they needed to no what pain relief i wanted i was so against the Epidural and i so had my heart set on the water birth!! but apparently your meant to be 5 cms dilated to go in the birthing pool so that was out of the question, and as they needed to break my waters too, so by this point i just wanted baby out of me i would of done anything to have it all over and done with, so i got taken to the next room and got changed into my nighty they then got my Gas and Air again and took off my TENS :( to get the epidural done (most horrible experience) they had a Trainee MW with them.,.. i felt like a Lab Rat... they were talking about me like i was sh#T and i was so out of it i started coming round when he was half way through putting the epidural in and i started moving, well they where not impressed to say the least!!
Once that was all done they left me to get it working, and then broke my waters at about 11:30 and again left me they hooked the baby heart monitor up and gave me something to get the contractions closer together, put me on a drip as i needed fluids, and asked me why i was still using my gas and air!? well the epidural wasn't Bloody working i was still feeling everything!! so they put the dose up!! i could feel pushing and pushing down in my lady bits. i could feel her pushing further and further, i was then given another 2 doses of The Epidural, i still don't think it worked at 3pm they came and checked on me... the first time they had checked down there since they broke my waters!!
The MW came in and told me they were going to use a ventouse to get her out as she was distressed and so They then Emptied my Bladder and Low and behold... her head was on full display!! No need for them to use the ventouse to get her out they asked me to push at my next contraction, and that i should meet my Little girl within 15 minutes..  i was crying so much not in pain but for Joy, Tears for me knowing i was going to meet my daughter soon.
Mic was crying too.. he could see her head!! Her arm got stuck so they had to push her back in and then i had to push her back out again, once that was done 3 Big Big Pushes later at 3:17pm there was my baby on my chest all gunky but i didn't care. Mic cut her Cord, and i delivered the Placenta within 3minutes, and then Emilyn was feeding and Me and Mic Sat in ore Of her, Our daughter is here she fed on both breasts for about half an hour but for me felt like hours and hours, she was then rubbed down and cleaned and dressed in her first outfit Poor baby came out bigger than expected so only had one outfit that fitted her properly, i then layed on the bed still for the next 2 hours and had to wait for all my wires to be taken out of me, before i showered, i was sick about 10 times, apparently it was to do with a injection they gave me, by 5 pm i was just getting into the shower, and by 6pm we where on the ward with all the other mums and babies, my Mum and sisters came up to congratulate us and meet there new Granddaughter and Niece, it was all so overwhelming, i hadn't slept for almost 3 nights, Mics Mum and Sister and her husband came up a little later and Mic then had to go home with them, i was left with Emilyn all on my own, i had not changed a nappy since i was about 6years old, i had to Breastfeed her on my own, it was a terrifying experience. My Mummy Instinct must of kicked in, i changed her nappy and cradled her to sleep, it was the worse night sleep ever though, the lady next to me had had a section so her baby cried and cried all night and she couldn't remove him from the ward, but a MW told me when Emilyn Cries i should take her for a walk so i don't disturb the other ladies or babies, so i spent most the night in the corridor walking up and down, i was so drained!!
By the next day i had got through my first night at being a mummy, Emilyn was still sleeping and so i was abit miffed that a MW woke me up at 7am. and my baby slept in till 9am!! i couldn't get back to sleep as everyone else around me was awake! not impressed!!
The Mw then  asked if i was happy to go home today oh yes i was!! :) i was happy she was feeding well and pooing well ect so i had to wait for Emilyn to be checked over and i could be discharged, :) yay!! i rung my Mum to tell her i would go home at about 2pm,

She weighed 7lbs 15 at birth
A week later she was 7lbs 14.5
and at 2 weeks she weighed 8lbs 4
She was Born with Blue eyes and there getting Lighter and lighter
Dark Brown hair also getting Lighter and Lighter,
Long Finger Nails, Perfect face, Long Fingers and long toes!




 

My Birth Story With Hugo From The Beginning 05/01/2012 to the End07/01/2012
So here it goes it all started on Thursday 5th January 2012 & I was 3 days overdue I went to see my midwife & she gave me a sweep told me I was 2cms dilated & I would probably go into labour by the next day... So got home & started having Contractractions every7 mins quite painful but not unbearable... Got to 7pm that day & decided to ring labour ward to see what was happening as contractions where every4 mins... Once we got there I was told I was still just 2cm & that I had a double cervix from having my daughter & the actual cervix I needed to dilate wasn't at all :0 on top of this i was told to go home & sleep this is at 2am & once again the midwife told me I would prob go into labour later that day... Well when I woke up nothing everything had stopped not even a Braxton Hicks (& i started getting them from 16weeks)! I was so upset & tired, Friday passed slowly & I started having small contractions again all that night so no sleep I was totally exhausted! By Saturday I was so fed up with silly contractions I rang Labour ward & said what has been happening & the baby had slowed down with his movements & I was worried he was distressed, they told me to go in at 4pm Saturday got to hospital at 5pm spoke to midwife explained everything & got his movements monitored, the midwife was lovely she said straight away they would try & break my waters as I still hadn't progressed! 6:30 midwife tried to break my waters (thought she had)  told me to go for a walk to get things moving as I was still only 2cm on my first cervix!? Contractions got stronger but not horrendous turns out she didn't break my waters at all & just gave me a very good sweep!...
We had to get senior midwife to break my waters this took her 4 attempts at 7:45pm by 8pm I was asking for gas & air I was shocked at how strong the contractions where! also how good gas&air is! I can't really fully remember much from labour after that the gas&air defo took over ...

I remember being at 5cm dilated shouting for a Epidural ! But as there was 3 sets of twins being born the doctor was busy with them! But deep down I didn't want a epidural as I completely didn't want a cafeta in... So after they said no to that I then asked for the birthing pool but wasn't allowed that either as I was aneimic so had to have a drip Incase I needed a blood transfusion! Also as The babies movements had pretty much stopped & had to keep the monitor on to check his heart rate. At this point of being 5 or so cm dilated I was kneeling up over the bed loving the gas & air! I told midwife I needed a wee so they got the Komode for me but couldn't wee contractions where so strong midwife told me to get back on to the bed as I stood up I said noo I can't move... Baby coming! ... Literally 5mins later & 3 pushes Hugo was out! At 10:20pm so labour was just 2hours 20mins! He decided to come out waving his arm with his head this would explain why i tore so badly. I lost a lot of blood & took a almost a hour to fully deliver the placenta & then had alot of it left inside so they had to manually get it out. I also had 2nd degree tear & stitches, I kept protesting I didn't need stitches!(as i didnt tear with Emilyn so this was new to me) they where busy sorting me out for an hour & then I finally got to hold Hugo he was already 2 hours old!
 So Hugo Aubrey Eli Harding born on Saturday 7th January at 10:20pm weighing 8lbs11oz Perfection :)
 We where undecided if he was going to be an Eli or a Hugo but looking at him Hugo just came naturally to call him :) he latched on straight away & fed very well but for only a few minutes then he was back to sleep.
Mic stayed with me till i was settled on the ward & went home about 2:30am, i then stayed awake literally the rest of the night, Hugo slept till 8am sunday morning! But the ward was so busy & Everyone eles babies where crying so every time i nodded off i kept being woken back up again,  Mic & Emilyn came to see me at 9:15am it was such a magical moment Emilyn meeting Hugo for the first time just amazing  I was then discharged at 3pm & home by 4pm, so was actually in Hospital for under 24hours. was lovely being back home & being able to sleep! Mic took two weeks off work & had lots of family time.
Was truely an amazing labour for me quite amazed at myself for doing it pretty much on my own & I've recovered so quickly.


He weighed 8lbs 11oz at birth
A week later he was 8lbs 5oz
and at 2 weeks he was back up to 8lbs 11oz
He was Born with Grey hazel eyes
Dark Brown hair also getting Lighter and Lighter,
Hugo was born with Bilateral Talipes scored at a 6 (the worst case on both feet)
He's amazing & so Perfect loveing having 2children



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...