He has a Flat Head...

Ok I know I know I am going to start to come across as a Hypochondriac but its so tough when person after person comments on the shape of your child's head!

So as you will be aware Hugo has Bilateral Talipes so he spends a lot of time on his back whilst he was in his Boots & Bars he refused tummy time I've been told a Big NO to putting him in a Jumperoo or Door Bouncer so he's normally in his rocker or play gym on the floor basically having his head laid down 90% of the time whilst he is awake I try my best to keep him up right to maybe prevent any more squashing to his head.

Being a mummy is damn tough at times I have done a lot of research in "Flat Head Sydrome" & found how much a helmet would cost but I don't want to have his head in a helmet 23 hours a day we have only just gotten over the 23 hours a day in his BnB

It seems such a Taboo subject too as it doesn't come under the NHS & has been in the News a lot recently strangely enough the same day I was aware his head was getting more misshapen there was a huge debate on Radio 2 whilst I was driving back from Norfolk.

I just wish I could forget about it. There's so many different stories some saying there child had flat head syndrome & "grew out of it" meaning their head returned to normal shape without the help of a helmet - but others saying they where told their child's head would correct itself but hasn't & now as a adult they are very aware of their "flat head" some people say its a gimmick for the Private health service but wouldn't you want the best for your child? Hugo's head seems to be getting flatter & flatter at the back & I don't think I can ignore it any more. To my understanding his brain will not be affected by it & its just because his skull is so soft but its actually indented at the back.
I keep telling myself I'm fine with it but its all so new to me. All of this is, Before Hugo never come across any baby with Talipes before or Flat Head Syndrome or a Tongue Tie. How can someone so small have so many confusing problems. Emilyns head was never like this & stayed all pretty & round Hugos head is Noticeable flat & getting Flatter. As a Mother I just can't help but worry - I really hope I don't come across as a crazy women

This Photo taken today at almost 18 weeks old
This Photo was taken when Hugo was 15 weeks old

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...