New Boots Talipes

Yesterday was our 3 Monthly Boots & Bar Check at the Hospital.
As you know if you've been keeping up with my blog, you'll know Hugo has been being a little monkey & escaping his Boots! If you've only just started reading my blog take a look Here to learn more about Houdini Hugo.
so this is our third Boots & bar check i think - & these are his third boots so far. I was hoping to get a completely different pair that i have been told are harder to escape from but alas no such luck, they want Hugo to keep going in the same type of boots well untill or if he escapes again then they will reavulate what to do next.
Ok so we got into the room & they where checking Hugo's feet, his progress has been amazing, as he hasn't had the Tentonotamy though i started to feel really anxious about how well his feet are coping with the treatment ... what if his feet are not as good as i thought they where? what if they are relapsing already?
what if he actually does need the Tentonanoty operation? i was actually shocked i was thinking this way, trying to shake the thoughts out of my head. as they where doing the checks they noticed that his foot is still wanting to go inwards, of course this did not help my panic mode at all! They said this is pretty normal & will slowly correct itself, I'm a mother! this is just playing around in my head, i no i no I'm being completely over the top! but c'mon this is my babies feet, i want them perfect, as perfect as they can be!
Then we got talking about the new boots, he had obviously outgrown his old boots but they couldn't figure out how he was escaping them. so they tried bigger boots on but told me if they slipped i would have to go back, they've padded them out with heel grips.
they then measured his shoulders & gave him a new bar... the bar is now HUGE! like I'm having  to readjust myself to this all over again,
Once we got home i put his BnB on around 4pm to get him used to them, he cried & cried & cried, eventually got him to have a sleep had to feed him to sleep, & then balance him into his cot whilst still on his pillow. he awoke around 7pm, crying, crying & crying these Dam boots! finally got him settled at around 9pm, & he woke 5 times ended up in my bed at 5am his bar is so wide though i didn't have much space!
I honestly didn't realise how challenging this how process would be, its really taking it out of me,
I also don't think he will fit in his Maxi Cosi Carseat in his BnB now too so not sure what I'm going to do if we go out in the evenings with him.
I'm hoping tonight will be better. 
The New Boots & Bar
Hugo showing off his bar all grumpy
Hugo this morning Happy Hugo.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...