To Celebrate Life.

I've been keeping this quiet, not intentionally but just didn't quite have the words to say it.
My Grandad Passed away this week, Thursday Morning.
It wasn't a shock, he has been very poorly for a very long time,
He is in a better place now where he can't be harmed.
I took the babies up to see see him a few weeks ago, & wow am i glad i did.
It was hard to see him like that, but we did atleast get to talk to him, & got a few smiles.
Its so nice to have the last memories as nice 'ish memories,

Emilyn is 3 years old, & although we don't get to see our grandparents a lot, she was quite close to them, when we went up last time whilst Grandad was in Hospital she ran all around the house searching for him
"Granadad where are you? Grandad stop playing hide & seek"
I then explained Granadad was in Hospital & he was poorly but we would go see him later.
I was a little worried about taking them & to see my grandad looking so frail.
Emilyn did get a little shy & she asked what was wrong with him? but she quickly calmed down - she drew a beautiful picture of Herself & Hugo for him.
The babies made Grandad smile as soon as we walked in.
Last time i spoke to him before he was in hospital he was saying "I'm ready to go now, just don't want to be suffering any more, i have done everything in life i have wanted & im even a proud great grandfather what more could i want?"
That to me made me feel very proud of my two little people.
As we left the Hospital Emilyn out of nowhere said "I love my Grandad"
That made me smile so much, she has such a big heart.

Now comes the hard part - How do you tell a 3 year old that their Grandfather has Passed away?
The day i found out i tried to explain that Granddad had gone he was now in the sky looking over us & at night time he will be one of the shining stars, she proceeded to ask..."Can i blow Grnadad a kiss up to the sky then?" she then stood there for a few minutes blowing kisses upwards.
Nothing more was said about it,
I then spoke to my Mum on the phone as she is staying with my Gran in Norfolk for a while, & Emilyn asked after Gran & Grandad. I could hear Mum was going to start trying to explain again...so i butted in quickly to explain i had tried to tell her in the nicest way but she wont understand.

Emilyn & Hugo will be coming to the funeral service i think she may understand it a little more.
It shouldn't be a horrible day. yes it will be sad & yes i miss him already. But we will be celebrating the most amazing life he lead.

I am comforted with his words in my head, He was suffering. the one thing he said he didnt want, was to die suffering, he was in a small Hospital & on pain killers
He was a sleep & just slipped away. Life will never be the same without him,
He was so knowledgeable, & his storeys about life & when he was a young boy. I will never hear again. This well makes me incredibly sad.
But alas this is life.

Your brought in to the world. live your life. & then your gone.


Don't Hate. Bring Love. Live your Life to the Fullest.

I'll Never Forget you.
My Grandad,
My Children's Great Grandad
My Mother's Dad
82 Years old.
Love you Forever.



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...