My Boy has The Pox...

Sleeping in his travel cot in the lounge still in his coat after taking Emilyn to school...
Yep Chicken Pox.

I know I know your all going to say I TOLD YOU SO...
Well the Pox couldn't of come at a worse time for Hugo Health wise. He's still battling his bronchiolitis & we've only been discharged from Hospital a week. Yes i was trying to get Hugo to catch the pox we had a playdate with a friend who's little boy had it at the time but that was well over 4-5 weeks ago & Hugo wasn't poorly himself then. The whole village has had it, I think Hugo is one of the last to catch it, He may of even caught it whilst being in different Hospitals...In my eyes i still believe they need to get it when they are younger. After watching my Mum with it as an adult i know how horrible it can be, At 14 months old he hopefully wont remember having it either.

Hey Ho he has it now I just hope he doesn't get it too badly.  It started with that big spot on his head, i thought it was an eczema outbreak until yesterday i was getting him dressed & his tummy & back was covered in tiny blistered spots. I then knew we were dealing with Chicken Pox.
He seemed fine in himself & we had to go to Emilyn's eye appointment, he was perfect all day. It wasn't until about 9pm last night he woke up & couldn't get back to sleep he was trying to itch his tiny body.
His poor bottom is covered already too he kept pulling at his nappy. crying out throwing his arms.
Heartbreaking to watch him like this.
I'm going to keep him in rompers & sleep suits till its over, try to keep him comfy. I just stocked up on lots of creams, Piriton, calpols, The pharmacy was very helpful as have been my friends. Lots of great advice.

Good Job I haven't got much planned for the next up & coming weeks.


We are a few days into the pox now... he isn't suffering too badly I think hes having a mild 'ish case of it...


still smiling....



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...