On a Downer...Over Corrected Feet! People can be mean...

Hugo's Happy feet

Shall I explain. I'm in a bad mood. Off I go to pick Emilyn up from school. I'm super super proud of Hugo about his walking; he loves to try & walk whenever is possible. So obviously the school run is the prime time for him to have a little walk around. It also helps me as getting the buggy in & out of the car twice a day is a real hassle & bug bear of mine. Hugo was running enjoying himself. So much he was giggling his head off...
As you are probably aware Hugo's feet are Over Corrected. <<< Take a look here if you need reminding...
Hugo does walk with his feet OUTWARDS. He's Hyper-mobile this means his feet CAN turn round as if he is walking backwards. I must admit I'm now used to it but it does look bizarre.

Hugo's over corrected feet... Hyper-mobile
This photo shows how he can end up looking whilst he's walking... I've been getting SO MUCH GOOD feedback by friends & family about how good Hugo's feet are looking I hadn't thought myself that his feet looked too bad? I know I look at them sometimes & take a big gulp; The last thing I want is for him to be bullied about his feet.
So I was taken back when a grown adult, laughed at his feet today "Why is he walking like that? With his feet so far outwards?" Snigger...
I didn't know what to say? This person had just openly laughed at my child?!
I decided not to respond, I decided this person wasn't worth my half an hour of explaining the difficult road we've been on... & in fact we are still steadily on it. Perhaps even stuck in a traffic jam as it happens.
Why can just 1 person make you feel utter rubbish? I'm now questioning if this person has noticed his feet perhaps I shouldn't be waiting till August to re see our physiotherapist?
I suppose I thought now he's walking, no one sees him in his BnB, people wouldn't comment on his feet, & he would just get accepted like any other newly walking toddler. For goodness sake he's only been walking properly 3 weeks. A long road ahead....

Happy Chappy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...