Ercol side unit with Farrow & Ball

A few months ago whilst in my local antique shop I fell inlove with this dark wood Ercol sideboard I just knew I needed it in my lounge with the tv above it on the wall. I could see its potential. But with no money spare I had to leave it in the shop... Well after I sold my kitchen chairs I had some extra money to invest into this beautiful piece it was up for £95 but Mic managed to get him down to £70! I was very happy & once home it looked perfect!
The main reason I love this sideboard is the way you have to keep the doors closed with this latch... (This was originally dark wood colour I've since sanded & painted 'off white' Farrow & Ball over it)
This is what is originally looked like....
I started off lightly sanding the doors & sides then put a spray primer on for a good start...
Sideboard in primer & half sanded down once I could see just how beautiful the grain is in the top I loved it even more! The doors & sides have primer & one coat of light paint on top...

The drawer handles one painted & shabbied the other fully painted: I know what I prefer...

My very almost finished unit... A few final finishes... We sanded the top with an electric sander & then I waxed the top.

My fully finished sideboard - 

I talk you through how to get this finish in 5 simple steps-

1- lightly sand whole unit...
2- Primer bottom of unit
3- fully sand top (electric sander is well worth the money)
4- paint full unit with farrow & ball I used 'Off White'
5- once dry go round sanding a few bits... 
Done! As simple as 1,2,3! 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...