Keep thrifty this Christmas

Ok I know It's not Christmas YET... I know its just October & I know I said I would try & hold out posting till AFTER Halloween.

BUT : If your tight for money, no doubt you'll be already buying Christmas gifts...

It makes me sad that I'm already worrying about christmas funds. I don't want to worry I want to make it fun, Lets just enjoy Christmas & family without getting into a spiralling debt !

So I thought I'd give you a few pointers from my own experience & what I plan to do this year.

DON'T Do :

  • Don't do it on Credit: Yay it seems like a fabulous idea two weeks before Christmas, but you'll be paying it off for the next year. Then it will be Christmas again.
  • Don't over spend.
  • Don't just buy presents for people for the sake of it.... 
DO DO:
  • Do search around for the best deal.
  • I say don't be afraid to go second hand... especially for Children
  • Handmade can be the best!
  • Shop the Summer Sales! 
This year is going to be very handmade & very loving... I plan to write a list of everyone whom I am buying gifts for & write a few bits about their personality. 

Make little bags & pop a few little gifts in:

For examples

Heart keyring
Bath bomb from Lush 
Jar of make your own Hot chocolate
Small pretty handmade Candle
1: Heart Keyring, 2 : Lush bath bomb, 3 : Hot chocolate in a jar,  4 : Hand made candle.

I'll tell you why I love these ideas: Heart keyring... Pretty simple to make I'll do a blog for you to make one too. So Cute too! 

The Lush bath bomb I went into Lush yesterday & almost bought the whole shop.

The Hot Chocolate in a Jar. Super cute... I've also seen Victoria sponge in a jar too.

The Candle in a tea cup... could this be any cuter? 

Go on give it ago ...

I'll be doing updates to my Christmas shopping keep an eye out. 



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...