Advent window 9
We bought our first real Christmas tree as a family of four today.
I was brought up with real Christmas trees I never really knew pretend ones existed? Why would I of?
The christmas tree is the main part of decorating (I think) Forget all the fancy lights on your house. The tree is where the family gathers on Christmas day & generally stays around it for the following few days.
Heres' a few points to putting up the perfect tree:
Putting up the perfect Christmas tree
- Work your room’s colour scheme into your tree decorations alongside another complementary colour
- Lights come in a variety of shapes, colours and themes but clear work best as they don’t detract from ornate decorations.. We still chose coloured (Emilyn's choice)
- Make sure your lights’ wire matches the colour of your tree
- Always put your lights on the tree first and switch them on as you dress your tree, working from the bottom to the top.
- Baubles are a classic and can look really effective when different sizes are scattered around the tree
- Making your own decorations is fun and inexpensive not to mention a great way for the kids to get involved
- Shaped iced biscuits with threaded string look cute, as do homemade ribbons on the end of branches scattered through the tree
- Get the children involved! Emilyn & Hugo LOVE decorating the Christmas tree & so what if every decoration is on each branch???
This is our Christmas tree
|Emilyn wanted to hang her 'cow' on the tree|
|Emilyn put the angel on the top|
|Hugo put a smaller angel on another branch|
|I love collecting decorations|
|Emilyn helping Daddy put the angel on top|
|My new pin cones|