Beautiful restored lion sideboard shabby chic

A few weeks ago my Mother fell in love with this absolutely stunning sideboard she bought it from Whispers in Billinsghurst (Whispers is a tea room & a beautiful gift shop) 

Once the Annie Sloan paint had been bought I started to work. 
It helps to work on a piece that I also love as much as the owner does. With every bit of paint I put onto this piece the more it was coming to life. 

Just look at his little face.
I totally feel this piece of furniture is like marmite you'll either absolutely LOVE IT or it just won't be your cup of tea...

LION


Annie Sloan Chalk paint old ochre
Elastic band trick around the paint pot

This piece of furniture needed quite a bit of repair to it... I have fulfilled the restoration to the best that I can with the pieces left in the drawer unfortunately we can't find all the pieces but it's an old sideboard a full hundred years old + I'm told.


I sanded the top & then will wax to leave it with the wood grains.

His little face already looks happier...

Some of the bits I need to put back on.

I put this whole leg back to its former glory.

Getting there...

Before & after

Sideboard without the little lion heads....

Finsihed sideboard with the little lion heads...

Finished lion head

Finished.

Cracked back

Glued into place

Putting the lion back on after we found the extra bits...
Finished


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...