Do you ever need reminding that your not just a Mummy...



I do.
I need to remember I'm not just a Mummy.
I need to remember my name.
I need to remember who I was before the children came along.
I need to remember how I was with my husband before he became Daddy.
I'm not just a Mummy. 
I have a Name, That isn't just "mum"
I have a fashion style that suits me that doesn't automatically make me look like a Mummy.
I need to remember how to hold a Gucci Handbag & not use the Pushchair for a changing bag.
I need to remember I can leave the house without baby wipes.
I need to remember I can still wear heels.
I need to remember to still be me.
I need to remember my name.
I'm not just a Mummy.
I have a name, I have a name.
I need to remember that I can look pretty. 
I need to remember I can wear make up.
I need to remember I can go get my nails done.
I have a name, That isn't just "mum"
I need to remember my name.
I have a name, I have a name.
I'm not just a Mummy.
I need to remember I can go to the shops on my own.
I need to remember I'm not just the family bank.
I need to remember I'm not just "mummy doctor" when one of them hurt themselves.
I need to remember there is so much more to just being a 'mummy'
I'm not just a Mummy.
I need to remember my name.
I have a name, I have a name.
I'm not just the Mummy who takes the children to school.
Nor just the Mummy who takes them to hospital appointments.
I'm not just the Mummy who wipes away the tears.
I'm not just the Mummy who makes sure Breakfast, lunch & dinner is ready as well as snacks too.
I'm not just a Mummy.
I have a name, I have a name.
I'm not just a Mummy....
I need to remember my name. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...