Some things that I'll never get used to having a Talipes baby:

Talipes baby hugo boots and bar 

It's strange to say my son has to wear boots & a metal bar to bed.
This saying I thought by now I would be used to it.
I thought it would at least be getting easier as he is getting older.
Hugo is 2 and a half years old & EVERYTHING seems to be hard work.

I will never get used to the battle of trying to get his boots on everyday.
I will never get used to the fact that he hates his bar & fights it for hours every night. "Bar off Mumma"....
I will never get used to how heavy my son is whilst he is wearing his boots and bar. He weighs down like a bag of sand due to him not being able to wrap his legs around me.
I will never get used to that fact that from just 5 days old my baby wasn't like all the other babies & had casts on both legs right up to his waist.
I will never get used to the awkwardness of getting him into the bottom bunk bed due to his boots & bar getting stuck.
I will never get used to him not being able to get to the toilet at night in time....
I will never get used to being kicked in the face or legs or tummy by the boots and bar whilst he's thrashing around in anger.
I will never get used to having him in our bed whilst he wears his boots and bar...(On a rare occasion now)
I will never get used to him never being able to get to of bed himself due to him wearing boots and bar
Boots and bar Hugo talipes
I will never get used to him waking up almost every hour demanding I take his bar off...
I will never get used to him waking up so tangled in his duvet he is having a panic attack.
I will never get used to being trod on whilst he is wearing his boots (ouch ouch ouch)
I will never get used to the boots and bar 
However Hugo having Bilateral Talipes has changed our life for the better in so many ways, If I could turn back time I would want it all to be the same. 
He is a talipes baby.
I will never forget that proud moment in Miami when he started walking at 18 months old.
Our milestones for our Talipes Baby seemed so much more surreal that little bit more amazing...
I of course try to stay as positive as I can I never speak badly about the boots and bar but my goodness they are hard work...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...