Delete the Facebook Messenger app It can basically spy on your whole life!



Ok so perhaps I am the one being OTT however after reading this Cosmopolitan article this morning, It made me question he Facebook Messenger app that little bit more than I had already. 
I questioned when the day came that I tried to access my Facebook emails through my iPhone & the bubble came up telling me I HAD to install a WHOLE new app especially for their own messenger. 
Ridiculous I thought...
I'm sorry (Facebook Friends) but I personally feel that if a real friend desperately needs to get through to me as urgent as Facebook feel they do - they would actually call my personal mobile phone number. 
I didn't want to have Facebook messenger acting on behalf of my text messages & I never accepted to have real time notifications. I just needed at the time to read one Facebook email that i then didn't read the Terms & Conditions like the other 100,000 people because well all we wanted to do was to read an email. 

Ok so perhaps we should of read the T&C as Cosmopolitan said "Seemingly, by accepting the app, you are reportedly allowing Facebook to send text messages without your permission, record audio using your phone's microphone and even take pictures without your knowledge using the camera.
But if that wasn't enough, it can allegedly read personal data on your phone and send it to others, as well as gaining information from other applications installed. WTF? Can this be real?"
The information published via Huffington Post by Sam Fiorella, details various elements of the agreement. Sam says: "I've posted, word for word, a few of the most aggressive app permissions you've accepted."
I understand that we all give up a degree of privacy when downloading our iPhone apps but this list sent shivers down my back, Being a mother with two young children my iPhone is primarily based around them with photos & videos being of them. 
Terrifying doesn't even come close. I am scared of the way our future is going. 
Whats next?
The Facebook Messenger app has been deleted in my house hold. I would totally delete my whole Facebook If I wasn't the founder of a fabulous Support group .... 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...