Me & my Talipes Baby : The things I missed.

This morning I attended a 'bringing baby home' antenatal group.
I knew as it wasn't I who was having a baby I'd have to bite my tongue.
Seeing as though I've had two babies I thought It'd be a bit of fresh air listening to what the experts say.
& it was, I sat there thinking back to Emilyn's birth our skin on skin straight away her latching on & having her first ever feed within minutes.

Then I started to think about Hugo to just how different things were & not necessarily due to him being a Talipes baby.

My labour was totally different much quicker & more stressful, I never had that skin on skin like I did Emilyn I had to wait over 3 hours to cuddle him.

As he was my second baby I felt the hospital simply just wanted me out of the ward, they didn't ask to see him feeding... they asked I said ok but he had only fed a few minutes & then went back to sleep.

As he was born with Talipes the nurses all wanted to have a peek at his feet??

Little did we know then he was in fact tongue tied. (He didn't get it fixed till he was about 4 months old)

Now some silly things that niggled me whilst sitting there supporting my friend.

How to change a babies nappy - Yep simple enough "hold their little feet together" in our case with Hugo it was lifting one cast up at a time to get his nappy changed then with his boots and bar on it was lifting the bar up.

Remember my new born was set in casts up to his hips at just 5 days old.

Then the first bath - Well Hugo's first bath was in the hospital getting his first casts off. Nothing normal about that

How to swaddle your baby - There wasn't any swaddling going on with Hugo & the casts believe me...

Co-sleeping ... for us Co-sleeping was never a real option. have you tried to sleep in bed with a baby wearing boots and bar???

Obviously the silly things like baby grows I so missed not being able to snuggle my baby!

I don't know I sound like a right grumpy cow. I feel like our first 6 months was somehow taken from me.

I honestly wouldn't change Hugo at all, he's my little happy feeter.
I think it just struck a cord with me, with the whole thing of not every baby is as 'straight forward' as the lady was saying.

I was really behaved & didn't say a word. I literally felt like I was having an argument in my head to keep my mouth shut.

P.S hope this makes sense day 3 of a migraine ....


H wearing boots and bar Talipes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...