My one REGRET : My Veneer Tooth.

I'm not the normal kind of girl who lives with regrets; however at the grand old age of 15 I was at the dentist, this particular dentist was a relatively new dentist at the practice & I hadn't met him before, he noted that I had a small chip in my front tooth. Being 15 I was young & impressionable. This Dentist said would I like to improve my smile? Yes I said. Having good teeth is important.
He said I can fit you a veneer tooth to make it all better, it will look fantastic he said.
I didn't really ask many questions. I was 15 years old. NHS is free until I left school & I wanted to improve my smile. He was very persistent & went on & on & on about me getting this new tooth.
I wasn't told that my tooth would have to be shaved away nor would I need this veneer replacing every 10 years & the cost would be around £500+ on the NHS.
I was just 15 years old. What did I know? This dentist basically said it was the best thing i'd ever do, I would have that 'celebrity' smile.
After I had it fitted it was painful, I struggled to eat for months, I could never bite straight into an apple ever again. My life changed. But not for the better.
When I was pregnant with Emilyn my gum reseeded around the veneer meaning I then had to have it filled. This happened again whilst pregnant with Hugo, I remember walking around Kingston in agony because the nerve endings were on show & it felt as if my face was falling off with pain.
I regretted this veneer almost as soon as I got it.
10 years down the line I'm sat at my friends house eating a rice cake. A flipping RICE CAKE. The tooth came away from the other half of tooth. My veneer has broken in half. My life is over. I look like a hill billy (not that hill billy's are horrible to look at) & I'm not leaving my house unless its to see my dentist.
Sat here crying over this.
My argument here is I should never of had this done. The dentist was fully in the wrong to persist that I must need this fabulous veneer BUT not give me any information about the up-keep or the amount of money I will need to spend in the future.
Now doing actual research 10 years later I'm reading that the NHS won't do veneer teeth unless its for a medical reason. NOT A COSMETIC reason. HOW was this allowed to be done on a minor?
For goodness sake the chip in my tooth was irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.
Also looking online more & more & talking to other people who have had veneers I strongly believe my veneer was done horrendously, the real tooth is almost non existent behind the veneer & after looking online everyone states that a tooth will be shaven down slightly.... well my whole tooth is almost gone. This will probably explain the horrendous nerve ending pain.

I'm in such a bad mood about it. This should never of happened I should never of had a veneer in the first place. What was this Dentist ever thinking?
This was last year on holiday the veneer is my right front tooth to me it sticks out like a sore thumb. 
I would never in a million years recommend a veneer for cosmetic reasons like a small chipped tooth (though nor does the NHS apparently so it would cost you the earth) 
My only one regret in life is this damn tooth. 
I have so much anger towards the dentist who thought it'd be a good idea to have it done to me. 
He wasn't at our practitioners long either, something not quite right about him. 
Now I've got to hide my face all weekend, struggle to eat & drink because he thought it was the best idea ever. 
My face is in agony. My tongue & lips keep getting jabbed by the sharpness of it to top it all off. 
It's just not fair.
I feel like complaining. I honestly believe this should never of happened.
Just praying that the dentist will see me Monday. 

Happy freaking Friday....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...