H's Physio appointment Talipes - Give the boy a break!!


It's been three months since his last appointment can you believe it? 
It's been a long day to say the least & I'm sure this will turn into a babble of mindlessness so I'm sorry in advance.
Today has been a strange day as I drove to the hospital I was in a calm happy mood, strange to feel like this before one of his appointments actually, usually I'm frantically worrying for 24 hours beforehand.
As I pulled up to park at the hospital I was unusually cheery too...
The physio's were running late that was no issue for me either, totally not their fault it happens.
Watching lots of nearly new babies going in & out of the room with tiny casts on I gave the mums that 'knowing smile'

I wanted to reassure them, tell them that it's all worth it, that it's not actually that bad....
though I couldn't because the last 4.5years has been the hardest years of my life. That most nights I spend fighting my son to keep his boots and bar on what have I now got out of it?
Yes he can walk. Yes I am horrendously grateful for that obviously.
But today I was told his feet aren't ok.
Watching the physio looking at his feet the silence in the room. She then got her colleague over for a second opinion.
Yep something needs to change. Something needs to be done.
Both feet aren't correct... three months ago the left foot was worse than the right however today the right foot is now worse.
It's crap, crappity crap crap.
So the next steps are :
Having new ADM boots *A new style* they've been ordered.
The dorsi ramp needs to be used much much more.
Trampoline time
Feet stretches every evening
Then if he still isn't tolerating the new boots he will have both legs casted for a week to stretch it all (the same as what he had done as a baby)
By the age of 5 the physio's don't do boots and bar beyond this time. If his feet are still no better then will be the time to do the tendon transfer... sigh.
They can do both feet together but they recommend doing them individually so in all I understand Hugo will have 12 weeks in casts.....
It's all SUCH bad timing due to starting primary school in September.
I've got to admit I had a good cry when the physio was telling me the plan of action.... I just don't know how much more I can take.
With all this going on there was a baby who was just 17 weeks old getting boots and bar for the first time absolutely lovely family & I tried my hardest to put a smile on my face & gave them all the advice I could about the first few weeks in boots and bar. The lovely physio showed them my book too.

*Wear your boots Ted* Available on Amazon
I wished them all the best & then carried on discussing H's feet.

Just watching H walk up & down the room I could evidently see how his right foot in particular is curving inwards. My heart sank & I wanted to burst into tears. His perfect to me little feet still need fixing.
Today I am so close to tipping, tipping over that edge, that I don't want to go any where near let alone over.

We are planned to go back beginning of October if not beforehand if the new boots don't work out.... 








LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...